Cottage season is here, and with that comes reinvention, refreshing, and sometimes revitalizing old digs. The classic cottage that we all know and love has wood panelling, rustic finishings, and of course the beloved Bay blanket on display. This year why not try light wood throughout, softer hues, and modern decor? Here are some of my picks for a new twist on an old favourite.
5 Tips for Creating a Modern Cottage Vibe:
1. Use light textiles throughout to brighten up the space. Try incorporating a turkish rug for a dash of feminine glam.
2. Forego traditional paintings and try decorating with fun cottage themed photography and graphic art.
3. Switch up the traditional lighting for something modern and unexpected.
4. Paint all of that dark wood panelling white and channel Swedish design.
5. Let the outside in with floor to celling windows!!!
What was your favourite cottage trend?